Vegan Nutmeg Snickerdoodle Cookies
Nothing says holidays quite like the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg wafting through your home while cookies bake in the oven. Get in the holiday spirit with these delicious treats!
Nutmeg Snickerdoodle Cookies
Delicious cookies, perfect for the holidays
Makes: 24 cookies
- 1 flax egg or vegan egg replacer
- 1 cup (2 sticks) vegan butter (softened)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp double acting baking powder (or 1 tsp regular baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
Nutmeg and cinnamon sugar coating:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC)
- Prepare your egg replacer and let sit for a few minutes to thicken. I use the Ener-G brand egg replacer but you can also make a flax egg by combining 1 tbsp flax meal with 3 tbsp warm water.
- Take softened (i.e. room temperature) butter and add it to a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer beat your white sugar, brown sugar, and butter together until combined.
- Add egg replacer and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt and continue beating until combined
- In a shallow bowl, stir together your white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg for the topping
- Use a tablespoon measure to scoop out your batter and roll it into even balls. Then roll the balls in your topping mix.
- Place your balls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 11 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before eating or store in an airtight container.